Counselling for Children and Teenagers with Friendship Issues
Good friends are a vital part of school life.
Issues with friendships are different for boys and girls. However, in either case a friendship problem can be equally devastating. In general, boys tend to be more physically aggressive, while girls can be more emotionally aggressive.
Some types of friendship problems can be damaging to a young person.
Expert counselling with an Educational Psychologist will teach your child important skills to manage peer relationships in a variety of social situations and to cope with any conflicts. This can significantly increase their enjoyment of school.
Counselling teaches children how to manage friendship issues more effectively
Counselling will help your child to:
- Understand what makes a true friend
- Select friends that are suitable for them
- Resolve conflict
- Gain insight into the behaviour of others
- Develop emotional intelligence
- Learn practical coping strategies
- Feel more confident and in control