Counselling for Children with Dyslexia and Learning Difficulties
Learning difficulties and dyslexia can have a huge impact on self-esteem.
Kids often try to hide the fact that they are struggling with a certain aspect of school. Sometimes they simply give up.
It can be extremely frustrating for parents to see an otherwise intelligent child struggling with school, especially when they are talented in other areas.
We have a special interest in helping children and teenagers with learning problems.
Children need to understand their personal strengths and to learn how to maximise their potential!
Educational Assessment is a great way to identify any learning issues, but it is only the first step.
Expert counselling with an Educational Psychologist helps children to understand their specific learning issues, develop strategies to overcome them, and build their self-confidence.
Counselling can help your child overcome their learning challenges
Your child will learn to:
- Understand their individual strengths and weaknesses
- Develop practical strategies to overcome areas of weakness
- Build self confidence
- Understand their learning style
- Deal with pressure or anxiety
- Understand the importance of working hard and giving everything their “best shot”
- Become a self-advocate and ask for assistance when they need it