Counselling for Children and Teenagers with Depression
Teenagers often experience mild depressive states as they move through the emotional period of adolescence.
Feeling sad from time to time is normal, but if your child is in a constant state of depression this should be addressed. Chronic depression can impair your child’s quality of life and their ability to learn effectively.
Teenagers sometimes get stuck and need some help to manage their emotions. Early intervention and treatment is essential, especially to prevent more serious and chronic symptoms from developing.
Expert counselling with an experienced Child Psychologist can help to alleviate depression and improve your child’s quality of life.
Counselling will help your child to:
- Learn practical strategies to manage and control behaviour and thought patterns
- Learn how to better regulate their emotions
- Learn optimistic thinking strategies
- Feel more in control of thoughts and emotions
Book for counselling
More information about depression
- Beyond Blue is a national, independent, not-for-profit organisation working to address issues associated with depression, anxiety and related substance misuse disorders in Australia.
- Teen Depression – A guide for Teachers and Parents
- Kids Help Line
- Reach Out – information for young people that is user friendly and easy to read.
- The Black Dog Institute is a not-for-profit, educational, research, clinical and community-oriented facility offering specialist expertise in depression and bipolar disorder.