Counselling for Children and Teens with Anxiety Issues
Anxiety can manifest itself in many different ways. For example, school refusal and separation anxiety are quite common in children and adolescents.
Anxiety can be extremely debilitating for a young person in an exam situation.
Teenagers can also experience social anxiety as they struggle to interact with their peers.
Early intervention and treatment is essential, especially as a preventive measure.
Expert counselling with an Educational Psychologist can help manage anxiety and can increase qualify of life.
Counselling can help your anxious child to:
- Learn practical strategies to manage and control behaviour and thoughts
- Learn how to regulate their emotions
- Understand personal anxiety triggers and learn strategies to manage these states
- Learn optimistic thinking strategies
- Feel more in control of their thoughts and emotions
More information about child anxiety
- Fear and Anxiety in Children – The Better Health Channel website discusses common fears in young people.
- Anxiety when you worry about things – Kids Health website that explains anxiety in simple, easy to understand language for kids.
Counselling Fees and Rebates
The initial 30 minute consultation for parents is just $125.
The counselling fee is $200 per 50 minute session or $150 concession. (You must show your valid health care card at each session to be eligible for the concession rate.)
If you have a valid referral from your doctor you can instantly claim a Medicare rebate at each counselling session via our electronic claims system.
Your out-of-pocket expense will vary from $23.35 to $116.75 for a 50 minute session, depending on your eligibility for the Original or Extended Medicare Safety Net schemes.
Book for counselling
Talk to an experienced child psychologist today and get the right advice for your child’s needs.