Counselling for Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
ADHD is a common behavioural disorder that affects an estimated 8% to 10% of school-age children.
ADHD affects your child’s ability to learn within the classroom and early intervention and treatment is essential.
Expert counselling with an Educational Psychologist can help you and your child to better manage ADHD.
Counselling will help your child with ADHD to:
- Learn practical strategies to manage and modify behaviour at school and at home
- Learn how to better regulate their emotions
- Take control of their learning and reach their potential academically by an active learning approach
- Understand how to reach their full potential as learners
- Learn how to control hyperactivity and use it for their benefit
Together, we develop individually tailored academic success strategies.
We work with GPs and Paediatricians to help manage your child’s ADHD.
Behavioural modification and classroom management plans will help your child to cope better and even thrive within the school environment.
More information about ADHD
- ADHD Fact Sheet from the Melbourne Royal Children’s Hospital.
- Interesting research about Fish oil and ADHD.
Counselling Fees and Rebates
The initial 30 minute consultation for parents is just $125.
The counselling fee is $200 per 50 minute session or $150 concession. (You must show your valid health care card at each session to be eligible for the concession rate.)
If you have a valid referral from your doctor you can instantly claim a Medicare rebate at each counselling session via our electronic claims system.
Your out-of-pocket expense will vary from $23.35 to $116.75 for a 50 minute session, depending on your eligibility for the Original or Extended Medicare Safety Net schemes.
Book for counselling
Talk to an experienced child psychologist today and get the right advice for your child’s needs.