Behaviour Management Coaching for Parents
Learn better ways to manage your child’s difficult behaviour (…without losing your cool!) AND how to teach them to understand and filter their own emotions – so you don’t always have to do it for them!
Do you sometimes struggle with your child’s difficult behaviour?
Would you like to learn to manage difficult behaviour with fewer tears and less anguish?
And how to coach your child to recognise and respond appropriately to their own emotions?
If so, you might be interested in these two new coaching programs - specifically developed for parents of children or teenagers with difficult behaviour.
Behaviour Management Strategies for Children (2-12 years)
This program is for parents of children who are 2-12 years of age.
Learn how to:
- Engage your child’s cooperation by positively noticing and encouraging them
- Set clear expectations and develop frustration tolerance
- Help your child’s brain to develop filters for behaving well
- Resolve family conflict quietly
- Determine which behaviours should be ignored, encouraged and managed
- Manage your child’s difficult behaviour
- Listen with empathy, encourage resilience and teach self-regulation
- …Simple strategies to practise being a calm parent
- …Common mistakes that parents make: too much talk and too much emotion
- …Tools for changing your child’s difficult behaviours
- …Tips for reinforcing positive behaviour & building a positive relationship with your child
Behaviour Management Strategies for Adolescents (12-18 years)
This program is for parents of adolescents. It teaches vital parenting skills for resolving teenage behaviour problems.
Learn how to:
- Build a positive relationship with your teenager
- Hold tough conversations – without it turning into World War III
- Develop self-regulation in your teenager
- Build your relationship with your teenager and make the best of your non-crisis conversations with them
- Develop skills for tough conversations for handling those problems you just can’t ignore
- Manage yourself as a parent – how to work out what might be triggering your reactions
- Recognise normal adolescent behaviour versus behaviour that “crosses the line”
- …some common ground shared by parents & reasonable expectations to hold about adolescents
- …a new understanding of adolescence
- …some simple strategies to help resolve problems with your teenager
What Parents are Saying
“What a relief to come across a program that preserves the dignity of the child, maintains the self-control of both the parent and the child and is actually easy to remember when memory is the first thing to go!”
“I realised quickly that this can be a magnificent preventative measure that any parent can use to avoid raising a child who, later down the line, needs excessive discipline or grows out of control.”
“An end to the arguing and yelling!”
“Simple, sane, effective.”
How many sessions are required?
Both programs run for 6 x 50 minute sessions.
Each program is individually tailored to your needs and can be run at a time which suits you and your partner.
The initial 30 minute consultation is just $125.
The coaching fee is $200 per 50 minute session or $150 concession. (You must show your valid health care card at each session to be eligible for the concession rate.)
Book for coaching
We’ve got answers! Talk to a psychologist today and get the right advice for your needs.