Dr Christina Tuke Flanders joins us!
We are very privileged to have Dr Christina Tuke Flanders join the team in April, 2012.
Christina has a doctorate in Child, Educational and Community Psychology. She is also a qualified teacher and has worked in schools and the National Health Service in the UK.
Christina is friendly and engaging and is quickly becoming a highly valued member of the team at SPS. Her attention to detail and depth of analysis is remarkable.
Main areas of focus:
- Assessment and diagnosis of learning difficulties such as dyslexia
- Assessment and diagnosis of ASD (in conjunction with a multi-disciplinary team)
- Counselling for parents of children with ASD
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for children with ASD who suffer from anxiety
- Video Feedback Counselling for parents and children to help improve their interactions
- Counselling interventions for emotional and behavioural difficulties
Professional Biggest Achievement:
Training at the prestigious Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust in the UK
Publications and Research:
Christina’s research is published at the following places as Open Access publications (using a Creative Commons Attribution license).
- The Importance of Labelling: Parents Experiences of the Autism Spectrum Diagnostic Process
- How Pupils Communicate Online: Implications for Pupils, Parents and Schools
Christina was invited to present her doctoral research on ‘The Importance of Labelling: Parents’ Experiences of the Autistic Spectrum Diagnostic Process” at two national conferences: The Association of Educational Psychologists (AEP) conference in November 2010 and the Division of Educational and Child Psychologists (DECP) conference in January 2011.
Christina has also been approached by various publishers for writing books on various topics, but prefers the practical applications of her skills over the theoretical.
- Doctorate in Child, Educational and Community Psychology (D.Ch.Ed.PSYCH) – Tavistock Clinic, London
- Master of Education (MA Ed)- Chichester University
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education – English and Drama
- Bachelor of Psychology – Canterbury Christ Church University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Children and Young People University College London (UCL) and Anna Freud Centre
- Video Interaction Guidance
- Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing British Psychological Society
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (3 day course)
- Applied Psychological Therapies (APT)
- Safeguarding Child Protection Level 1
- Circle Time Training (4 day course)