Assessment for Giftedness
Discover your child’s true potential AND help them achieve it!
Is your child bored in class … but easily able to complete the work?
Do they enjoy taking on more challenging work than their classmates?
Are they frustrated with the ‘slow’ pace of teaching at school?
Here are three reasons to consider a giftedness assessment:
- Reveal your child’s true intellectual and academic potential
- Get specific recommendations for home and school to help your child fulfill their potential
- Make informed decisions about your child’s learning needs
Assessment for giftedness includes:
- Review of your child’s cognitive, social, family and emotional history
- Standardised cognitive (intelligence) test
- Standardised achievement (academic) test
- Gifted Index Assessment (GIA)
- Detailed assessment report
- Tailored learning recommendations for school and home
- Comprehensive feedback session to answer all your questions
You will discover whether or not your child is truly gifted and exactly what their strengths and weaknesses are.
Cognitive testing will reveal strengths in:
- Processing speed
- Auditory processing
- Verbal processing
- Non-verbal processing
- Fluid reasoning
- Working memory
Achievement testing will assess processing skills in key areas such as:
- Oral language
The Gifted Rating Scale will assess a broad range of skills including:
- Artistic talent
1. Initial consultation for you (30 mins)
The first step is to meet with an Educational Psychologist to discuss your needs and review your child’s history. We will also recommend the most relevant and useful assessment options for your child’s particular needs and answer your questions. (This session is for parents only so we can discuss all the issues openly and in full.)
2. Assessment session #1 for your child (90 mins)
3. Assessment session #2 for your child (90 mins)
4. Feedback session for parents (50 mins)
Book for assessment
Talk to an experienced Educational and Developmental Psychologist today and get the right advice for your child’s needs.